About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hiking

I took Mary Paul on a hike at a local park here that has a lake and several trails. So, despite the 90 degree heat, I put Mary Paul in the pack and took a 3 mile walk around the lake. She loved it!!! Her favorite thing to do was touch tree trunks and leaves. We saw a lot of wildlife: a deer in the lake, a huge turtle right beside the trail, a humming bird, and a salamander in the middle of the trail. It was a good time, but needless to say I was pretty nasty after lugging 30 pounds (Mary Paul, a camera, water, food, wallet, etc.) around a lake. To cool down we drank our drinks and ate granola bars. As an aside, the pack ( a hand-me-down from some friends) has been great. Not only can we use it for hikes, I have also used it when I cut the grass. I highly recommend having one.




8 comments:

Heather said...

I love the b/w pics....beautiful!

The Slatton Family said...

Wow - you're BRAVE! So glad that you and Mary Paul enjoyed your hike around the lake! What a great workout for you! Love the pictures!

Courtney said...

Great pictures! She is so cute!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

you go mamma! it is way hot to be hiking and cutting grass!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Love the close ups! You're adventurous.

Dee-Dee said...

Wow - you are quite the woman! Precious pictures - she is such a doll!

Mom said...

That's my girl!!!

Love, MOM

Griner Mom said...

I love your last two posts!!! So good! You are a great mom and a great aunt!!