About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Magic Moments

We've been fine. Not much has been going on. The other day I gave Daisy a bath out front. I let Mary Paul play with the hose for about half an hour. She loved it. A few nights later I made homemade chocolate ice cream. We invited some friends over to enjoy it with us. Needless to say, Mary Paul and their son loved the ice cream. It was everywhere. So, we pulled out the hose again and let them play on the deck in the hose. I went and got the shampoo, stripped Mary Paul down and bathed her on the deck. Then I got warm towels fresh from the dryer and the kids snuggled up with their dads while we talked in the dark with only candle light. It was a great night. I know Mary Paul won't remember it, but I will. I felt like such a good mom, like my mom, doing something random but fun like that. I hope as my kids grow older that I will always be able to create special moments for them. Moments they can look back on as adults and remember with a little bit of magic. I have magic memories that exist only because of my parents. So, as you enjoy the pictures of my daughter, I am wondering, do you have any "magic" moments? Mary Paul the organizer. Like mother like daughter.



6 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

You are right, that is a very "mom" thing to do! I remember doing that in the mountains, only getting all soaped up and then jumping off the dock into the lake for our bath. It was fun! Who knows, maybe Mary Paul will remember! I love the crayons being organized! In my short time of motherhood, my magic moments would have to be when we picnic in the backyard just for fun at lunch time. We bring lunch, books and toys. It is much more fun now that she can sit up! Magic memories from my childhood, so many! But, I'll give Dad the credit for this one.....driving the big brown van around the curves while telling us to stay up on our knees for as long as we could and making airplane noises or school bus noises! I remember that as clear as day. Makes me cry. Oh how I miss him.

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a special post! Makes me want to go make a "magic moment" right now. I have no doubt your childrens' lives will be filled with Magic Moments" just like yours was.

Griner Mom said...

Great post!! I love those moments (sometimes few) when you just feel like such a good mom!! I have had moments like that with all my children individually and then moments together too. Those moments sometimes involve the simplest things, but for some reason really make an impact on us. One magic moment I have is when we were all pretty small and mom (who was always great at making things a really "BIG" deal) told us that Santa Claus was parked beside us at the post office. SHe went on and on about how Santa was checking his mail and letters to him from all the kids in the world, and she might have even talked to whoever the man was......all I remember is seeing him and thinking it was magic that we ran into him at the Riverdale, GA post office. And it was not even Christmas time!!! Who knows maybe it was really him!!??

Courtney said...

Love the pictures! We will miss you guys next weekend!

Dee-Dee said...

I love the crayon organization. That is too funny. It sounds like you guys have been having fun!

The Slatton Family said...

Great post! These "magic moments" are so simple, yet so important. I have many of these from my childhood and I pray that Taylor will be able to look back on our time together and remember special things and times that we shared! So neat of you to share a special time for you and Mary Paul!