About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mary Paul is Getting Bigger

Mary Paul is getting so big and so smart and so contrary. She argues with everything. For example, while drinking apple juice I said, "How's your apple juice, Mary Paul?" Her response was, "No. I'm not drinking apple juice." When I told her she couldn't lick the play-dough, her response was , "But I have to lick the play-dough." Last week, for the first time ever, I just left a buggy full of items and walked out of the store. Despite the fact she is entering her terrible twos, when I am not exasperated, she cracks me up. She came out of her room this morning wearing a hat, shoes and a "coat" (her blankie around her shoulders). She danced all over the room. She also is loving to tell stories and has the vocabulary to do it. A final funny story that occurred after I left the previously mentioned cart of groceries.

Me: Mary Paul, today we need to go to Target and Publix.
MP: No. I don't want to go to Publix.
Me: Well, we have to go to Publix to get the rest of the food the ladies retreat.
MP: (Sigh) You don't eat ladies for treats.


Playing dress up with whatever she can find. It was 8:15 in the morning so we were still in our pajamas.

6 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

Ha! Such a funny little post!!! I know exactly how you feel - I have one just the same. However, if you think that the age of two is bad, three is TERRIBLE!!!! Love you!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Can't believe she put her shoes on the correct feet! She is so funny!! See ya tomorrow.

Dee-Dee said...

She sounds like she is hilariously full of personality!

Mandy said...

What an adorable little girl and wonderful stories! I love the dress up pics. Hope you're feeling well these days!

Heather said...

Sounds like she is a pistol. Cute pics and cute stories!! I just love all the crazy things they say at this age, even if they do drive ya batty sometimes! ;)

Jodi Brinkley said...

She is such a mess! So much personality!