About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Friday, April 17, 2009

I Got A New Camera, a Beach Trip, and Daughters Photo Entry!!!

We Picture This Photo/ Daughters This is a picture my husband and two year old daughter, Mary Paul. It was taken over Easter while at the beach. I love the image of fathers and daughters so I chose this picture. I love MP's yes and the lighting on Brian's face. These are some of the first pictures I took with my new camera, a Canon Rebel XS. This is my first non-point and shoot so I am excited about learning how to use it!!!

This picture is of Mary Paul and my (at the time 4 and a half week old) daughter Ellie Jane. I love how you can only see part of MP's face, but it is so full of mischief. I also really like how alert Ellie Jane is and her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth. It's hard to see that cute little mouth, but if you click on the picture it should get bigger.

Our Easter Trip
Bryan surprised me with money to buy a new camera. My old one, just a point and shoot, was getting slow and I had talked about buying a newer camera. I had no idea he would get me my first DSLR (I hope I got that acronym correct, I also mess it up). Anyway, I've posted an absurd amount of pictures from our annual Easter beach trip, including a visit with Nana and Joe. I cannot wait to learn more about my camera and how to use it to its best advantage!!! With such wonderful subjects, I know I'll have fun!!! The first two pictures I'm entering in a blog photo contest. They have wonderful pictures on this blog!!! The blog is called We Picture This. Check it out and enjoy!!!
































3 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

So glad that you got a new camera. I got a new one on Mother's Day last year...love it! So glad that you all had a good trip! Love to you all. (Beautiful pictures!!!)

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Hope you win the contest!! Keep entering!! Looks like loads of fun at the beach!

Shannon said...

Awww, such great pictures! I love the ones at the beach and I'm glad you had a great trip! Hope to see you guys soon!