About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where Pacifiers Go to Die

I lose pacifiers all the time. For the last two weeks I've been using only 1 pacifier because it is the only one I could find. Then on Wednesday, I couldn't find that one either. I was getting ready to drive to Knoxville and the pacifier would be crucial in helping Mary Paul fall asleep in the car. Since learning how to stand up, Mary Paul can often be found standing in her crib with her pacifier 4 feet in front of her on the floor, where she threw it (she'll either be a softball player or a quarterback). I decided to look behind her crib. As you can see I located the secret pacifier graveyard. The previously mentioned pacifier was discovered in her crib hiding in a blanket.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Savvy kid. She's not even a year old and already has a hiding place!!!

Sandra said...

Wonderful picture!

There is a good book by Anne Tyler called Digging to America in which there is a wonderful pacifier story. All 3 of you girls might really enjoy this book because it is about international adoptions.

Anonymous said...

you're gonna have to keep an eye on that one...she's already sneaking around!

Courtney said...

That is funny! Will does that too, he really does throw them becouse they are way out from his bed. Michael hopes this means he will be a quarterback...

The Slatton Family said...

Too funny. Taylor used to do the same thing!!!! I find many behind the crib on occasion! Congratulations on discovering the hiding place.

Ashley, Ryan and Sam said...

She is so funny and cute! Sneaky too! But you are off to a good start by already catching her little sneaky tricks! What fun sneaky tricks lay in the future I wonder? Love you all, Ashley

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

She is probably head banging while standing up in her crib and the pacfier flies out. I think it means she will be a dancer.

Angie A said...

I love it! You need to send this to a Parent magazine.

Dee-Dee said...

That picture is hilarious. I love that you took it. I laughed out loud because I could have taken the same picture several times but have never thought of doing so! I look foward to seeing you guys next month at Will's birthday party!!