About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Delicious Pancakes

I love pancakes...they are a wonderful comfort food to me. This is a wonderful recipe that I found in the Martha Stewart Everyday Food Magazine. It is a great recipe and beats any pancakes I've ever made from a mix. Plus, its really easy!!!

Basic Pancakes
(serves 4)
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tblspn sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tblspn melted unsalted butter or veg. oil (I use the oil...its faster and easier.)
1 large eggs
Veg oil for the pan

1. Preheat oven 200 because you can put the pancakes in there to stay warm on a cookie sheet while you cook the others
2. In small bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and set aside
3. In medium bowl whisk milk, oil (or butter) and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and whisk until just moistened...a few lumps are fine
4. Heat a large skillet (I find that a cast-iron works best) over medium heat. Put some veg. oil on a rag or paper towel...rub it over the skillet and then pour 2-3 tblspns of batter in the pan and spread it into a round using the back of a spoon
5. Cook 1-2 minutes, flip and cook 1-2 minutes and transfer to heated cookie sheet.

That's it!!! I hope you all enjoy making pancakes!!

-Ryan

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am going to try them out soon!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sounds yummy, I can't wait for you to cook it for me!

Anonymous said...

Next time we are in Nashville, let's have breakfast at your house. Are they better than the morning glory muffins???