About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Friday, May 4, 2007

Investment Advice









I don't know how many of you are aware of the fact that we have a sock eating black lab named Daisy. She will be 4 years old on June 8th. She acts like she's 3 months old. She inhales socks whole, no chewing just sucks them on down. Of course, what goes in must come out...one way or the other. Just last month we spent $300 on a trouser sock, that came out naturally. Having a dog means we have tons and tons of pet hair...everywhere. And having a sock eating dog that occasionally dines on the finer things in life, such as trash or a baby washcloth, we have a lot of cleaning that has to be done. We purchased (before Mary Paul was born) the Dyson DC 14 Animal Vac. This vaccum is made especially to suck up pet hair...it is AMAZING!!! It's a bagless vaccuum that works wonders!!! When you finish vaccumming, and I vaccum a few times a week, its like you have a whole other dog inside the wind tunnel. It was well worth the money. Another item I'd like to sing the praises of is the Hoover Agility steam vac. Having a dog who has to get rid of trouser socks means we occasionally have some messes. This steam vac works wonders!!! It is easy to use and easy to pack away. Another great investment. Plus, with kids no in the picture, I am sure that both the vaccum and the steam vac will definately be worth their weight in gold. So, if you have kids, or pets, or a sock eating black lab who got sick 5 times yesterday and you're not sure why, these are two home products in which you should invest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Daisy........why don't ya'll feed her?? Socks can't be as tasty as your morning glory muffins!! You need to post that recipe.
I need a new vacuum and a carpet cleaner too. I am glad to know all about it.
We miss ya'll.

Ashley, Ryan and Sam said...

Daisy is crazy. That is all I have to say. -Sam

Courtney said...

I miss Haley soooooooooooooooo much, but I don't miss the dog hair. I have heard that Dysons are great. I bet you vacuum every day!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I check Courtney's blog now and then to see pictures of her baby, and I noticed your name on her contact list. Your daughter is beautiful. I really enjoyed, also, the picture of you, your mom, and sisters.
Remember you with great affection from Arlington.

Loved the article about the dog hair. We have a black and white English Springer Spaniel, and I sweep up enough dog hair daily to make another dog.

Sandra Kennedy
(the now retired librarian)