About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Memorial Day weekend was a blast! My whole family, minus Mike who was on call, was in Atlanta from Saturday through Monday. Wonderful!!! We had a large family get together and got to see old friends. The kids had a blast. A funny story that my husband witnessed and I missed. My 24 year old cousin, Wes, comes up to me and tells how hilarious he thinks Mary Paul. I agree, of course, but out of curiosity ask why, did she do something? So, music was playing in the backyard...show tunes (not unusual for my family) when AC/DC's shook me all night long came on. Mary Paul ran over to the sound system, turned it up and started dancing.
Snuggling with Uncle Bryan.

Mom's big pool was not yet ready for the season so I brought this great buy from Babies R'Us. It was a hit!!!
My cousin Mandi's little girl Taylor and her husband Jeremy. Taylor is has tons of personality.

Handsome Will. He and Mary Paul got to play a lot this weekend and were funny to watch together.
Samantha, Courtney, me and Ashley. It is so fun, and a little strange, to see all us grown up and being parents.
Someone loved their cupcake.

I thought this was a funny picture of Mary Paul, and Kaori is relaxing in the sun.

6 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

So glad we were able to visit! I witnessed the Mary Paul digging ACDC! It was too cute! Love to you all!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

I also say the ACDC moment and it was quite funny! Great post. I love all the pics. Can't wait to see you again.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Great pitures. Love the story. She knows a rockin' song when she hears it!

Heather said...

I'm so sad I missed seeing all of you!!! Maybe next time.........

Griner Mom said...

so glad we all got to hang out!! I loved it!!! Great post!!

Mom said...

Let's see...loud music...singing and dancing...yep...she has some of her grandmother in her!

Love, Gmama