About Me

I am happily married to Bryan. Yes, we have rhyming names. We have a sock eating dog named Daisy, a non-stop talker named Mary Paul, and a ball of energy named Ellie Jane. Life is wonderful.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Houston, we have a talker...

For those of you who know me, it should come as no surprise that my daughter is a talker. She is opinionated and also speaks with a lot of hand and head motions. It is so funny to hear her little voice talking. I can't wait to hear what she's going to say. Also, her new favorite things (besides trying to eat with utensils) is her white blanket and her "car" blanket. Her car blanket is one I made that we keep in the car and stroller. It has taggies and minky material so its super soft and she loves to finger the taggies. Her white blanket came from her Great Aunt Debby and Uncle Randy. She has always loved it but now she likes to carry it around, hugging it and calling it baby. Now, when she is grumpy or seems sleepy I just ask her if she wants to take a nap with her blanket. She says, "Yea" walks to her crib, holds up her arms and says, "Up." She then laughs and smiles as she snuggles with her "baby." Here's hoping the white blanket always holds that kind of power!!! She also loves to sit in her crib, snuggle with her blanket and read. Last night she did that for 40 minutes while I made dinner. Of course, I took a picture.

8 comments:

Heather said...

That is so cute! I remember when Gracie was little wondering what her voice was going to sound like. Such a precious time!

King Family said...

She is so cute. I am glad you are getting all this on the camera, because one day you will love watching these. I love those soft blankets like that too. I wish they made them for grown-ups.

Jodi Brinkley said...

What an angel. Smart just like her mama too.

Mandy said...

How sweet - I love it too when they start talking and you never know what is going to come out of their mouths - angels, for sure!

The Slatton Family said...

Too sweet!!! Just wait...things will get VERY funny!!! Ha!!! You spend all this time wanting them to talk and then you spend time trying to teach them what is appropriate to say and where it's appropriate to say it!!! Difficult! Love to you all!

Samantha said...

How sweet is she. I love her little voice. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend.

Sandra said...

Our little grandson has a white blanket that he must have for sleeping and riding in the car, especially. He calls it "White". His smart Mom got a second one so he can be happy while the first one is being cleaned, etc.

Your little one is precious!

Mrs. Sandra

Courtney said...

So cute! I love that she "reads" in her bed...hilarious! Happy Birthday too old lady:)